Professional
Complete Solutions
Useful Business Tips
Productivity and Innovation Credit

5 Smart Blogging Tips for Small and Medium Enterprises

Blogging has a significant impact on small business owners’ online presence. Many people do not realize that an internal blog post is an additional webpage on their websites. Having more pages and relevant content on your website, shows credibility, adds more value for SEO, boost website traffic, provide original sharable content and engage your ideal target audience. However, delivering dynamic and consistently interesting information to your visitors may be overwhelming, and sometimes the results are speedily disappointing.

Here are 5 smart blogging tips for small business owners.

1. Focus on Your Audience

The best way to develop long-term loyalty and trust is to write a selfless and generous blog that shows genuine consideration and interest for the needs of your readers. Focus on blogs topics that educate your audience in a specific and actionable way. Take your time to consider what your customers are talking about in social media platforms, especially their areas of interest, the questions they ask, how they can be engaged and the challenges they are facing. Aim to identify the needs of your audience as it’s not just a matter of selling to them; you want to help them and offer useful solutions to their problems. Generously share tricks and tips, experience and suggestions mainly with the purpose to help: don’t put your product as a solution. In fact, you should stay reader-focused.

 

2. Create Quality Content

A blog for your small business is not a marketing strategy where you can write for the sake of writing. Often, readers demand high quality and captivating content that consistently meets their expectation of purposeful writing.

Remember, your customers are using their time whenever they go through your blog, so it is important that you commit to providing quality experience whenever they visit. Use relevant topics, proper grammar and sentence structure as well as high quality images to ensure that your customers have a quality experience.

3. Create a Content Calendar

After seriously researching your topics, you should schedule a time when to create and when to post your blog content. This will not only make you look consistent, but also give you enough time to go through your posts. With more advanced research, you can choose the right time and days that work best for you to engage with your audience. It is important to plan out your content before you produce them.

4. Get Involved

A blog is a lively, interactive conversation. It is therefore important to go beyond your small business blog post and communicating with your audience.

Apply the human element to your blog by giving it a “human face” in the online marketing arena to foster growth and drive interest as you desire. Network with social media influences in your marketplace: share content, give mentions, open the line of communication and introduce yourself as a peer.

Invite them to share and comment on your blog. You should also contribute to top sites so that you can increase your reach. This will give you the opportunity to get into new marketplaces, develop new relationships and benefit your SEO through back links.

5. Promote

After posting your small business blog, the next thing is to promote it. Basically, you should spend 20% of your time creating the blog and then spend the remaining 80% to promote the blog. Post it on your active social media platforms and reach out to social media influencers to share it. Use email campaigns, networking, tell your friends, respond to every comment and be thankful. Remember to include a call to action.