In the age of internet marketing, it wouldn’t be wrong to state that content is everything. Whether you sell wooden widgets or tech related products and services, you need to create valuable content for your website to get noticed by search engines and to also attract repeat visitors. Nevertheless, while the written/typed word remains a top priority in content marketing, a great shift is occurring towards massive inclusion of striking imagery in all written content.
While it’s true that images will not usually interpret your content to the same lengths that multiple text headlines will, your target audience could also be turned off by text heavy content. This is when Infographics come into play.
Employing the use of infographics to market your content is an exceptionally effective approach to getting your content out there and to the right audience; making sure that whoever reads it does not stop there but also share it with other people. A positive reaction to your content from your readers would bring more targeted website traffic and a lot of exposure through sharing.
Infographics tell the story that needs telling by merging both text and graphic design, from the introductory topic to the conclusion. The use of infographics makes readers pay attention to what you have to offer, read more and also share more. Infographics provide you universal coverage, which is much more than you could ever hope to achieve with print marketing. Here are six ways on how and why to effectively use infographics for content marketing:
1. Being a visual representation, an infographic has the full potential to depict the very story 1000-words content can tell. When designed professionally and expertly, infographics are very hard to ignore. As a result of their huge impact, images get shared more often and possess tremendous influence as a traffic generator.
2. Infographics are not only attractive but they are also irresistibly magnetic. They prove that you are an expert in your niche to the world. The content you choose to go with your imagery should demonstrate your knowledge and expertise. People love educational and informative content and if there’s a chance that there are striking relevant images in the mix, then it becomes more compelling and people will love it, bankin your expertise and share it out, over and over again.
3. Images have the ability to be easily scanned and deeply etched in people’s memories for a longer time than text. Incorporating relevant images in your text will effectively accomplish that – but don’t overdo it.
4. Infographics always have the potential to go viral. If your text is unique, engaging and makes your readers want to take action, addition of great imagery will get your content into a trillion eyes internationally through the power of sharing.
5. Infographics can be embedded. By embedding a code, it will allow you to put your visual representation on a website or blog in the designing, execution and publishing stages works wonders. This creates an automatic link from the site of the person sharing your content and back to your site. It can only mean one thing – more traffic.
6. Heighten your brand awareness by creating an infographic that has both your brand and logo prominently displayed. There is the advantage of Search Engine Optimization that comes with using infographics. Apart from more and more people connecting with you on your site, the search engines rank you even higher. The higher you are ranked the faster and easier it will be for prospective customers to find you and your business.