Budget and Fast Singapore Company Formation
Complete Solutions
Useful Business Tips
Productivity and Innovation Credit

Visa in Singapore

Visa Application Approved Stamp Shows Entry Admission Authorized

Wondering How to Acquire an Employment Pass for a Company in Singapore?

Generally, EP (Employment Pass) is usually issued to professional employees, foreign directors, and managers who are planning to work in Singapore.

Employment Pass holders are not required to pay a levy or CPF (Central Provident Fund), and the pass is only valid for up to 2 year. Thereafter, if you still intend to work in Singapore, you should renew the pass. One of the many benefits of acquiring this pass is that it allows the applicant to work, stay, and travel in Singapore without the need to apply for a VISA.

The following are the fees for application of the Singapore Employment Pass:

  1. MOM License: 06C3628
  2. Initial Processing Fees of S$950 (non-refundable processing fees)
  3. Extra Approval Fees: S$1900 (The approval fees given after the approval of the Employment Pass Singapore, which is the receipt of IPA Employment Pass Singapore). Though, the medical check-up fees are not included.

The Criteria for Singapore Employment Pass:

Every applicant of an Employment Pass must have at least S$3,300 of fixed salary every month. He/she must also have a Bachelor’s degree, coming from a known university and a relevant working experience.

Please use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to check if you have met the requirement to apply for the Employment Pass.


Entrepreneur Pass

For those who are planning to set up a company in Singapore, they could opt for an Entrepreneur Pass before moving to Singapore.

Criteria for application of Entrepreneur Pass:

  1. Have or intend to apply for a company with ACRA.
    1. If registered, the company must be less than 6 months from the date you apply.
  2. Company has at least S$50,000 in paid up capital. The required document is a bank statement that shows at least S$50,000 in a Singapore-based company bank account.
  3. Hold at least 30% of the shares in the company.

The company needs to meet at least one requirement:

  1. Has funding from a Government-accredited Venture Capital or business angel
  2. Holds an intellectual property
  3. Has research collaboration with A*STAR or a university
  4. Is an incubate at a Government-support incubator.

Business that is not Eligible for an Entrepass:

    • Food courts, coffee shops, hawker centres
    • Bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges
    • Massage parlours, foot reflexology
    • Geomancy business
    • Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine
    • Employment agencies

The renewal criteria is based on how well you have met your original business plan, the number of local full-time employees you hire and your total business spending.

Number of years you have held an EntrePassNumber of local jobs you need to createMinimum total business spending
5 or more10$400,000

Passes Given to Family Members:

Singapore Employment Pass applicants can file either a LTVP (Long-term Visit Pass) or DP (Dependent Pass) for their immediate family members. The LTVP or DP application should be submitted along with the application form for the Employment Pass. Otherwise, it could be done separately.

For Dependent Pass

EntrePass holders can apply for a dependent pass for their immediate family member who are:

  1. Legal Spouse
  2. Legally adopted unmarried children with supporting documents that are below 21 years old
  3. Unmarried children that are 21 and below.

For Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

Pass holders could also apply for an LTVP for their:

  1. Legal Spouse
  2. Unmarried step-children that are 21 years old and below
  3. Unmarried handicapped children that are below 21 years of age
  4. Parents

Documents Needed for the Singapore Employment Pass

The following documents must be submitted in compliance with the application of the Employment Pass:

  1. Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport
  2. Company’s latest business profile
  3. Candidate’s educational certificates